Sunday, May 4, 2014

A Mom's Experience

I often go to the No More Strangers blog and always find poignant posts there. This morning I found one that I could really relate to. I don't have a gay child, yet similarly I struggle with offensive remarks that are made in Sunday School and Relief Society on lessons that I think will be uplifting, but leave me feeling defensive and wounded instead. It's especially difficult when a lesson is supposed to be on Christ and his love and yet people find ways to disparage our gay brothers and sisters, or liberals, or feminists, or... fill in the blank.

So today I'm reposting this lovely post about how a ward rallied and apologized after a troubling lesson. http://www.nomorestrangers.org/inspired-events-how-a-negative-sunday-school-experience-becomes-a-beautiful-mormon-experience/

No comments:

Post a Comment